Monday, January 3, 2011

A new day, a new year!

Ok... another attempt at accountability.  I don't really like that word or anything that it implies, but I believe it is a significant part of living a life of integrity.  You'll notice on my first few posts, I didn't really get around to talking about what food I ate.  This is just a little bit too much honesty for me, but I'm going to give it a go. It's not like those cheat days are a state secret... they hang out (right below my waist) for all to see.  How embarrassing.  Does the whole world really care what I ate today?  NOPE!   and I'm guessing that most of the world will never see this page.  This is for myself and for those of you who help me along on a daily basis.  As many times as I have tried to make this life change I never had any successes until I was willing to admit I had a problem and needed help.  Yes, I know what that sounds like... and every page of the 'Big Book' applies to me if you substitute food for alcohol.

I prayed that something would happen and along came Chastity Slone and Practice CrossFit.  Chas was willing to work with me as part of a 'biggest loser' church program.  I only had to stand on a stage in front of literally thousands of people with my weight and measurements on the video screen above.  I thought I would rather die, but then realized.... I was dying... diet and lack of exercise was killing me before my time.  I took the leap!

The community at Practice CrossFit (www.gopractice.biz) is unlike anything I have ever encountered.  They offer honesty, humility, encouragement, accountability... what I would call 'tough love'.  There to push and pull when I need it, but always willing to pick me up if I just can't; loving and supporting even when I fail myself and others.

ANYWAY.... current goal date is Feb. 5 (departure for a vacation).  I would like to lose 15 pounds by then (which includes the 8 I put on during my month long binge!!!) I know it will take me a bit to get back into the paleo swing of things.  And  a trip to the grocery store, but I've been in bed sick for the last few days.

Today:
Cup of tea with a Tbs of Coconut Oil in it (WHAT????  don't ask... I have no idea what I was thinking... well, actually, I was thinking my throat still really hurt, hopefully the fat would give me some energy since it's my first time out of bed in days and hoped the anti-viral, anti-bacterial lauric acid might be of some benefit)

Panera for lunch (post wod)  Again... WHAT WAS I THINKING??  well, to be honest I was sooo concerned with trying to avoid temptations that I didn't think.  I ordered a greek salad and a cup of tomato soup.  PROTEIN anyone???  I have to credit some of this lack of processing due to my head still being full of goo.

So of course I was starving shortly there after and ran to chipotle to get some protein (remember I haven't been to the store since before Christmas since we were out of town and I've been sick since!).  had a chipotle bowl with black beans (yes, I know), shredded beef, veggies and salsas.

Starving again and my dear hubby is bringing home a steak salad!!  can't wait!

Wow, this honesty stuff sucks.  I guess the most I can hope for is that no one will actually read this! LOL

WOD - Cindy 11 rounds. purple banded pull ups and knee push ups.  Considering how I felt... I was happy with it.  That's all folks!  Most days will just be a food and exercise summary.  Thanks for being here with me!

6 comments:

  1. you go girl! i know you can do it! i miss you and wanna run soon. was thinking about several 5ks before the 1/2 in may. did you sign up yet?! i dont wanna do this one alone too. proud of you for all of your successes (dont forget about them while youre beating yourself up about food choices). love you! -h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomato soup? You must have scarfed that down before I arrived because I didn't see it. hahaha! That should be a no-no too. It probably had milk in it. =) The online menu at Panera was pretty cool. It listed the breakdown of all the ingredients individually, so I knew that although the salad I picked as they prepare it has 31 carbs, I was able to see what ingredients to eliminate to get it down to 16 carbs.
    There's also a great little book (sorry I can't remember the name of it) but it lists the calorie, fat, and carbs in the most popular foods at popular restaurants. It helps. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollee... yes.. I need to get back to doing some cardio work! I haven't run since the half marathon. :( no, I'm not signed up yet....

    Heather...ya, I know... easin back into this. I was so freakin hungry (post wod) my brain just wasn't functioning... keep on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is Great Amelia..... and Inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 rds of Cindy on the PURPLE BAND???!!! Amelia - you rock!

    Now quit eating like an idiot! And note to self, take your own advice McCormick! ;)

    Heather Mc

    ReplyDelete
  6. 11 rounds of Cindy is not too shabby ;^}) (Last time I did it, it was 13!) Like the poster above, you're a ROCKSTAR!!

    ReplyDelete